Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Start of the season!Ready to coach!

Im so excited to have the privelege to coach this year's middle school track and field team at Pusch Ridge Christian Academy in Tucson Arizona. I feel like as a coach, I am at a great advantage with the team I am blessed to work with this season. Why? Because I know there heart and I know that most if not all have a strong belief in a powerful God that actively participates in their lives and strengthens them mentally and physically each day.

I claim these verses for my team and am excited to grow as a coach and as a runner (to be a good example and tangible instructor) to my team.

28 Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint. Is 40:28-31


"Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. And everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Therefore, I run in such a way, not as without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I buffet my body and make it my slave, lest possibly, after I have preached to others, I myself should be disqualified." (I Corinthians 9:24-27).


So in this Blog hopefully it is just the beginning of an amazing opportunity to coach young athletes and a reference for me to be a good coach to my teammates. I will post youtube vidoes on specific coaching techniques as well as inspirational words, anecdotes, or ideas to keep the spiritual in mind as we train our bodies to glorify God through the wonderful sport of Track and Field. 


No comments:

Post a Comment